In light of the ongoing pandemic and the tragic events that led to the Black Lives Matter uprising, we are hosting Reset, Restore and Recovery therapy intervention workshops to support our members.
The virtual events aim to create a space where we can:
- Reflect on events since the lockdown.
- Manage our grief, loss and emotions in the workplace.
- Maintain our wellbeing and stress levels.
- Facilitate a smooth transition to the office environment.
- Improve our communication by having those difficult conversations.
The first event is on 4 September 2020
Join us on 4 September 2020 from 12pm to 2pm for our first event which will explore the immediate trauma caused by both the impact of COVID-19 and the brutal murder of George Floyd and will include presentations from:
- NHS Psychiatrist, Dr Shade Olagbuju will speak about wellbeing and stress
- A Personal Story: Mindfulness and Me by Senior Crown Prosecutor Tejal-Roma Williams
- Carleen Bentley, an integrative psychotherapist who specialises in Black, Asian and minority ethnic trauma.
- Updates from the future working team – Nadia Stockdale (Change Manager)
- Updates from Kate Jordan on the CPS pulse survey.
Follow this link to register for the event. Please register with your @cps.gov.uk work email address as this event is only open to CPS staff unless arranged previously.
We will send Microsoft Teams details 24-48 hours before the event.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Save the dates
Friday 2 October 12- 2 pm
Our session event with Bernie Graham, psychologist and director of MHS will explore transgenerational trauma and approaches to recovery and healing. Further details will be shared shortly.
Friday 6 November 12- 2 pm
Our final event in November with Mary Jackson, a therapeutic counsellor at Law Care, will focus on grief and resilience. We will share details about this event soon.
These events have been designed by NBCPA member and Senior Crown Prosecutor Eka Kalunta-Ike (a mental health first aider) in partnership with the CPS HR Team.