Find out more about mentoring and positive action programmes.
The aims and objectives of the NBCPA Mentoring Programme are as follows:
- To support mentees in their career development aspirations;
- Generate positive dialogue about the impact of the mentee’s work and role within the Crown Prosecution Service;
- Where appropriate, address some strategies and tips to manage issues of fair treatment or inequality at work;
- To provide an opportunity for mentors to develop leadership skills and gain greater understanding of the diverse experiences of staff from a protected characteristic group (BAME).
Some of the areas that the Mentoring Programme covers are:
- Personal empowerment (confidence building & assertiveness);
- Leadership skills;
- Communication Skills (oral and written);
- Negotiation and influencing skills;
- Conflict resolution;
- Public speaking;
- Creating a personal impact;
- Corporate awareness and strategic thinking;
- Career progression including application form process, interviewing skills and CV writing
- Work life balance
- Any other areas of personal development & training need that are identified.
Contact us if you would like to sign up as a mentee or a mentor.